PTO Executive Committee
about 1 year ago
Wilton Wildcats PTO Executive Committee 2018-2019
The president shall preside over all meetings of the organization and of the Executive Committee and shall be an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee; and shall perform all other duties of the office. PTO President shall also be an authorized signature on all bank accounts.
The vice president shall act as aid to the president and shall perform the duties of the president in their absence (and in their order).
The treasurer shall receive all moneys of the organization; shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures and shall pay out local funds only as authorized by the organization. The treasurer shall present a statement of accounts at every meeting of the organization and at other times when requested by the Executive Committee, and shall make a full report at the annual meeting.
The secretary shall keep a record of all meetings of the organization and the executive committee and shall perform other duties as may be delegated to her/him.
No Hassle Fundraising
over 4 years ago
No Hassle FundraisingMake a Donation. Parents and extended family members can make monetary donations to Wilton at anytime. Make checks payable to Wilton Elementary. Donations can be earmarked for general purposes or a specific area of school (technology, playground repairs, etc.)
Donate items needed in individual classrooms or specials programs (Art, PE, Media Center). See individual teachers for suggested items or visit our web page for specific items requested.
Many retailers link rewards cards to schools and make donations. For example, Target, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, and Kroger all have these programs. When shopping, a percentage of what you already spend could be coming back to Wilton's PTO to support our students. Be aware, you may have to re-link your retail card each school year. Link your cards either at the store or online in August. How can you know if your purchases are really benefitting Wilton? Look at the bottom of your receipt or ask the clerk at the register the next time you check out.
Wilton collects Box Tops for Education, Campbell's Labels for Education, Coke Rewards Points, and ink cartridges. Turn these items into the office and we'll turn them into money and supplies for our school.
Get Involved at Wilton
over 3 years ago
Get Involved At Wilton Elementary!
To volunteer for any of the opportunities below, complete the volunteer form on our website.
Be a morning car greeter; open car doors in car pool line. We need volunteers (parents/grandparents) who could commit to certain days during the week. Volunteers are needed 7:45-8:00 am. Students you bring to school can wait in the gym until the first bell rings. It's a great way to meet the Wilton Wildcats and help get their day off to a great start! Please contact the office if you are able to volunteer.
Volunteer at the Safe School Desk in the front lobby of the school. Safe School Desk volunteers welcome visitors and volunteers to the school. Volunteers also help teachers by performing different tasks or reading with students. We're lucky to have this at our school to help keep our students safe! Substitutes for Safe School Volunteers are also needed. There are two shifts each day (8:30-11:00am and 11:00am-2:30pm). Please contact Kathy Watkins if you able to volunteer.
Join a Committee. There are several PTO committees at Wilton. Committee involvement varies due to amount of projects and activities.
- School Beautification and Grounds: Committee Chair Needed - This committee works with school personnel to identify areas in need of improvement both inside and outside the school and creates opportunities for improvement through parent help/skills/business contributions and/or connections, and holds school clean up days 3-4 times a year.
- Spirit Committee: Committee Chair, Lisa Whitt - Help promote monthly Wildcat Spirit Days on the last Friday of each month, organize teacher/staff appreciation days and events, orchestrate a monthly snack in teacher lounge, help keep teacher lounge organized and supplied, decorate lobby/entrance to school seasonally.
- Box Tops Collections: Committee Chair, Christine Harding - Promotes collections of Box Tops for Education, Campbells Soup labels, and Coke Rewards Points. Sorts and bundles labels and prepares for shipping. Provides contests and incentives for collections and works with PTO on prizes to be awarded.
Volunteer at a School Event or Help with a Fundraiser. Wilton's PTO sponsors many events during the school year and volunteers are needed to make them a success. Information on events and what help is needed will be made available as the year progresses via flyers sent home with your child, the parent email network, our webpage, Twitter Feed, and phone messages.
Collection Programs = Easy Money for Wilton!
over 4 years ago
Easy Money / Collection Programs at Wilton
Each quarter the classroom collecting the most box tops, soup lables, and coke/caps will receive an ice cream or pizza party compliments of the Wilton PTO
General Mills Box Tops for Education Fundraising Program
Each box top is worth 10 cents or more (bonus lables, bonus certificates,etc.) and is free money for Wilton. Box tops are on hundreds of products - go to www.boxtops4education to review complete list.
- Clip the box tops on the dotted line and put them in an envelop or baggie and send in to your child's classrrom. We cannot turn them in if expired so send them in regularly.
- Ask friends, neighbors and family members to clip box tops and send them to you!
- Contests and fun incentives are held monthly - winners will be announced on the PTO webpage.
**Box Top money received goes into the PTO general fund and has helped the PTO purchase student planners and help fund the summer library program.
- Clip the UPC code only - not the entire label. They are worth 1point or 5 points.
- Turn in only the cap of a participating beverage product.
- Place in envelopes or clear sandwich bags and turn them into your teacher.
- Ask friends and family to join in the fun.
*Points earned allow us to order supplies/equipment for the school
Save caps and fridge pack box codes (inner liner of the can boxes - cut out along the dotted line).
Turn in to teacher in clear sandwich bags or whatever is convenient.
Ask friends and family to join in the fun.
Wilton has a special log
in so that the points are automatically credited to the school but you
can also create your own account and donate the points to Wilton. But
keep in mind, if you do not turn them
in to the school, your child's classroom will not get credited for the amount collected which may affect the quarterly contest for the classroom that has collected the most.
Send in labels from Tyson brand chicken products.
Bring your ink cartridges to Staples and turn them in under Wilton Elementary. We will receive Staples rewards points that will turn into cash vouchers for teachers to purchase needed classroom supplies.
Please recycle your aluminum cans in the large metal bin located near the front entrance to Wilton. Money collected will directly benefit Wilton Elementary.